A Republican state legislator leading the effort to overhaul criminal justice in Michigan says rehabilitation is as important as punishment. State Senator John Proos says the public is safer and taxpayers save money when released felons don’t re-offend – and when juveniles don’t become permanent clients of the criminal justice system.
News Headlines from NPR
- Nothing Says 'Hip' Like Ancient Wheat
- Elizabeth Warren Campaigns With Hillary Clinton, Goes After Donald Trump
- Supreme Court Throws Out Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's Conviction
- Fallout From Supreme Court Ruling Against Texas Law's Abortion Restrictions
- Supreme Court Finds Texas Law On Abortion Providers Unconstitutional