Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Michigan Athletic Department embarrasses while trying to fill seats
- McLaren's plan to bypass rules for new hospital is sheer arrogance in nature
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Honeybees collaborate with Kalamazoo artist on ArtPrize exhibit
- Who is Mark Schauer, really?
Mark is a senior reporter/producer at Michigan Radio where he's been working to develop the station's online news content since 2010.
From 2000 to 2006, he worked as the technical director and senior producer for Michigan Radio's regional environmental news service known as the Great Lakes Radio Consortium.
From 2006 to 2010, as the unit's co-manager and senior producer, Mark helped transition the GLRC into an award-winning national news service known as The Environment Report. The service was heard on more that 130 stations around the country including WBEZ in Chicago, WAMU in Washington D.C., KUOW in Seattle, and KWMU in St. Louis.
Mark is a graduate of the University of Michigan ('00 MS in Environmental Policy and Planning & '91 BA in Political Science) and has been "a board certified public radio junkie" since 1992. He discovered public radio on his commutes to work in his trusty 1984 VW Rabbit. Much of Mark's storytelling philosophy was influenced through his close work with veteran CBC "réalisateur" David Candow.