Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Wed March 27, 2013
Amtrak derails in Port Huron this morning, no injuries reported
More from the Port Huron Times Herald:
Crews are investigating the scene just south of 22nd and Railroad streets in Port Huron where an Amtrak locomotive derailed this morning.
The trailing locomotive derailed shortly after departure about 6:20 a.m. from the station on 16th Street, said Marc Magliari, Amtrak spokesman.
There were 14 passengers on the train, but there were no injuries.
The locomotive is expected to be disconnected from the rest of the train soon so it can continue on to Chicago, Magliari said.
Holly Setter posted this picture of the derailed locomotive on Twitter:
— Holly Setter (@hsetter) March 27, 2013
Environment & Science