Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Tue April 30, 2013
Are we making a mistake by educating students for today's jobs?
Here's a question to consider: are we doing the students of Michigan a disservice by steering them to the jobs that businesses are demanding in today's world?
It's certainly a big push for Governor Rick Snyder.
But MLive columnist Rick Haglund has some misgivings about this growing push to match courses with what businesses want in Michigan grads.
He joined us today from Birmingham, and we asked him why he thinks this approach could backfire in the long run.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government