Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Sat April 16, 2011
Artisan chocolate makers, fair trade from Ecuador to Michigan (video)
Barbara Wilson and Jose (Joe) Meza live in Dexter, Michigan and they own a successful auto repair business in Ann Arbor.
Joe was born in Ecuador. After 40 years of living in Michigan, he and his wife Barbara went back to Ecuador a few years ago.
Barbara says Joe fell in love with his home country, so they decided to build a small house in Mindo, Ecuador.
What they didn’t expect was that they would become craft chocolate makers, forging connections from Ecuador to Michigan, one chocolate bar at a time.
Old art, new job