Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Arts & Culture
Sat September 15, 2012
ArtPrize is taking shape in Grand Rapids
Hundreds of works of art are being installed across Grand Rapids this weekend.
The fourth annual ArtPrize exhibition officially gets underway on Wednesday.
ArtPrize public relations director Brian Burch admits there is some “anxiety” as the clock ticks down.
“With an event that is the size that it is…we’re expecting 350 thousand people…we have more than 1500 artists….at 161 venues,” says Burch, “Every year anxiety is high.”
The artists are competing for more than a half million dollars in prize money.
The winners of more than half of the prize money will be determined by a popular vote during ArtPrize’s two week run.