Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Fri November 12, 2010
Auctioneers sell off items at shuttered GM plant
Michigan Radio's Lindsey Smith covered the auction at the former GM Wyoming Stamping plant. The plant closed in June 2009 as part of GM's bankruptcy.
The auction was held on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. The auctioneers said they'll sell off anything leftover today.
Smith said it was easy to get lost as she took photos of the more than 2 million square foot building. Here's an audio slideshow she put together:
'Government Motors' no more?