Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Tue January 1, 2013
Auto companies expect good December sales
December is shaping up to be another good month for the auto companies.
Analysts expect to see strong December sales numbers for General Motors, Ford, Chrysler and other auto makers: Rising consumer demand, new models in the showroom, big year end deals.
Mike Wall with IHS Global Insight says they’re all reasons to expect December to be a good month.
“We still have a fairly old fleet out there…in terms of the average age of vehicles….and we have a consumer base that is starting to reengage the market,” says Wall.
Wall says one very positive sign for automakers is that car shoppers are transitioning from “needing to buy” a new vehicle to “wanting to buy”.
He expects auto sales will continue to improve in 2013, unless the ‘fiscal cliff’ negatively affects car buyers.