Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Fri February 1, 2013
Automakers report double-digit gains
DETROIT (AP) -Last year's momentum in U.S. auto sales is continuing into this year.
Ford, Chrysler and GM are all reporting double-digit gains for January.
Sales at Ford rose 22 percent compared with a year earlier. GM and Chrysler each reported 16 percent gains.
Ford's sales rose on strong sales of pickup trucks and new vehicles.
GM says it sold almost 195,000 cars and trucks last month, led by the Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck, with a 32 percent gain. GM sold more than 35,000 Silverados in January, a good sign for the economy as businesses replace aging trucks.