Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Sun February 17, 2013
Bedbugs found at 2nd Kalamazoo library
Ursula Zerilli at MLive.com is reporting that a second Kalamazoo Library site has been closed due to bedbugs.
This time they were found in the Children's Room of the Kalamazoo Public Library's Central Library.
Earlier this week, MLive.com reported they were also found at the Washington Square Branch.
"We received a couple of books in the drop box and during a routine inspection, bed bugs were found," said Farrell Howe, a library spokesperson. "They were quarantined in plastic bags and destroyed and we are having an inspection take place."
Because they can become a big problem, the library staff is now trained to check every returned book binding for bed bugs.
The Children's Room is closed until Wednesday. The Washington Square Branch got the OK to reopen last week after "bug sniffing" dogs inspected the site.
The Kalamazoo Public Library's Central, Oshtemo, Eastwood and Alma Powell branches have also been tested.
- Chris Zollars, Michigan Radio Newsroom