Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
Thu April 4, 2013
Bobby Fergusson denied bond, judge cites flight risk
Today U.S. District Judge Nancy Edmunds denied Bobby Ferguson's request that he be released on bond while he awaits sentencing.
Ferguson was convicted alongside former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick on multiple felony counts including racketeering.
Edmunds said he might be a flight risk.
More from the Associated Press:
Federal prosecutors opposed the request from Ferguson. His lawyer had argued that Ferguson wasn't a flight risk or danger to the public...
Edmunds last month denied a request from Kilpatrick to be released on bond while he awaits sentencing.
The Detroit Free Press has reported that family members and friends have offered up their homes as collateral to ensure Ferguson would show up for his sentencing hearing.
Apparently, Edmunds was not convinced.
Politics & Government