Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Fri November 9, 2012
Chrysler to recall 919,000 SUVs to fix air bags
DETROIT (AP) - Chrysler is recalling more than 919,000 older-model Jeep SUVs worldwide because the air bags can inflate while people are driving them. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says the recall affects Jeep Grand Cherokees from the 2002 through 2004 model years.
Also covered are Jeep Libertys from model years 2002 and 2003.
A part can fail in the air bag control computer, and the front and side air bags can inflate while the SUVs are being driven.
An investigation by the safety agency found that the air bags went off 215 times causing 81 minor injuries. No crashes were reported.
Chrysler, which makes Jeeps, will install an electrical harness to fix the problem. The company will begin notifying owners of the recall in January.