Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
Tue December 21, 2010
City of Zeeland’s marketing gets creative, and super cute
A few years ago, Zeeland changed its slogan from “People, Product, Progress” to “Feel the Zeel”. The hope was to re-brand the small community; highlight its strengths in design and innovation, schools, and quality of life.
This week, city council approved spending $2,000 on these (come on, they’re adorable) onesies featuring the new brand. The Holland Sentinel reports the hope is to, in a small way, touch the city’s target demographic – 25 to 45 year-olds. City Marketing Director Abby deRoo reasoned it’s an age where people are starting or expanding their families.
“I think it’s a very creative and non-intrusive way to celebrate with these new families,” she told the paper, “It is one of the best experiences of their lives and this let’s the Feel the Zeel brand and the community be a part of that.”
She expects to give away around 550 onesies to proud parents of babies born at Zeeland Community Hospital this year.
deRoo says they could consider sponsoring the outfit next year.