Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Politics & Government
Wed February 6, 2013
A conversation with Lisa Howze, Detroit mayoral candidate
It was the first campaign ad from one of the newest entries to Detroit’s mayoral race. During Sunday’s Super Bowl, Detroiters heard from Lisa Howze, a certified public accountant. Howze says her background in audit and municipal finance, and her experience as a former Democratic state representative makes her a good candidate.