Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Politics & Government
Wed February 6, 2013
A conversation with Lisa Howze, Detroit mayoral candidate
It was the first campaign ad from one of the newest entries to Detroit’s mayoral race. During Sunday’s Super Bowl, Detroiters heard from Lisa Howze, a certified public accountant. Howze says her background in audit and municipal finance, and her experience as a former Democratic state representative makes her a good candidate.