Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Politics & Government
Wed December 5, 2012
Detroit to open 13 police 'mini-stations'
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing says 13 police mini-stations will open throughout the city.
Six of them have opened today, and the rest will be in place by March.
The announcement comes on the day police confirmed the shooting deaths of four people in a home on the east side of Detroit, and a week after the city acknowledged that the number of homicides this year has already has eclipsed the total for 2011.
Each of the mini-stations will be staffed with a permanent officer, a police reservist and a community volunteer.