Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
Politics & Culture
Thu April 11, 2013
Diving into Michigan's gun culture
All this week, Bridge Magazine has run a series of in-depth stories delving into Michigan's gun culture.
Guns in Michigan explores a wide range of questions including what happens at the point where gun rights and public safety intersect?
And how pervasive is gun violence in Michigan?
Pat Shellenbarger wrote the series.
He's a writer based in West Michigan. If his name sounds familiar, it could be because he was a reporter and editor at the Detroit News as well as The Grand Rapids Press and the St Petersburg Times.
He joined us on Stateside today, listen to the audio above.