Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Sat October 29, 2011
Doctors warn against misusing contact lenses this Halloween
Michigan optometrists say be careful if you plan on wearing decorative contact lenses as part of your costume this Halloween.
The cat’s eye and other eerie looking contact lenses have grown in popularity in recent years.
Matt Maki is the president of the Michigan Optometric Association. He said if worn inappropriately decorative contact lenses could seriously damage a person’s eyes.
“Assuming they fit appropriately …worn appropriately….handled appropriately by the patient they’re fine. I have personally fit these for patients. Like I said, as long as it’s done appropriately there’s not an issue," said Maki.
Maki urged people planning on wearing decorative contact lenses this Halloween should learn how to properly clean and disinfect them.