Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Chevy kicks off Dream Cruise
Thu August 18, 2011
Dream Cruise underway - with Chevy leading the way
Chevrolet kicked off the Dream Cruise with a parade of classic Chevys and fifty Chevy Volts down Woodward Avenue.
It’s the first Dream Cruise for GM CEO Dan Akerson.
Akerson has been CEO of General Motors since September of last year.
Akerson says the passion people show for classic cars is no surprise.
"GM has been part of Detroit, Detroit’s been a major player globally in automotive, and the Dream Cruise is a celebration of the industry and the success and the rebirth of Detroit," Akerson said at an pre-parade celebration.
The big event is on Saturday, when thousands of classic cars parade up and down Woodward through metro Detroit.