Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- Ypsilanti family finds happiness in living off the land
- Michigan's student homelessness problem is growing
Mon January 31, 2011
Federal judge issues ruling in health care reform law challenge
A federal judge in Florida has ruled sections of the health care reform law are unconstitutional.
The judge specifically cited the 'Commerce Clause' in the U.S. Constitution.
Michigan is among 26 states that took part in the lawsuit trying to dismantle the health care law.
The Washington Post reports that the ruling will probably be appealed to the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta. The legal questions will probably eventually have to be settled by the U.S. Supreme Court.