Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Sat January 12, 2013
Ferguson re-elected chairman of Michigan State University board
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Joel Ferguson has been re-elected to a fourth two-year term as chairman of the Michigan State University Board of Trustees.
At a special meeting Friday, the board also elected Brian Breslin of Williamston to a two-year term as vice chairman.
Ferguson first was elected to the MSU board in 1986. The Lansing resident was elected again in 1996, 2004 and 2012. He was elected board chairman in 1992, 2007 and 2010.
Ferguson is the co-founder of F & S Development Company.
Breslin was elected to the board in 2010. Until his retirement in 2006, he was the senior vice president of human resources and government relations at Meijer Incorporated.