Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Thu March 14, 2013
Fixing Detroit's financial issues: A current emergency manager gives his perspective
What is an actual emergency manager's take on Detroit's financial troubles.
Lou Schimmel has been the appointed emergency manager for Pontiac since March of 2009.
We had Schimmel speak with us on Stateside to get his view of what needs to be done to fix the city's broken finances and his suggestions for fixing Detroit.
Listen to the full interview above.