Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
Thu April 14, 2011
Ford expands F-150 truck recall
Ford is expanding a recall of its F-150 pickup.
The recall now includes nearly 1.2 million trucks because of an air bag defect and covers trucks from the 2004 through 2006 model years.
The company in February had agreed to recall more than 150,000 of the trucks.
But on Thursday, U.S. safety regulators said that Ford will add to the recall because the trucks’ air bags can go off unexpectedly and injure drivers.
Ford had resisted expanding the recall.
The F-series pickup is the top-selling vehicle in America.