Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Mon December 3, 2012
GM: Best November since 2007
General Motors says it had its highest November sales since 2007.
GM’s sales are up 3.4 percent over last year. Passenger cars are up 19-percent overall, with Buick bumping up 22 percent, and Cadillac sales up 30 percent.
Kurt McNeil is GM’s U.S. vice president of sales. He says the Volt's sales are way up too - and the car had a key milestone this month. "We just hit our 100th million mile driven on pure electric, which equates to saving about 5 million gallons of gasoline."
McNeil says the company is hopeful strong sales will continue into next year - when a number of new products hit the market. "We think December is going to be a very positive month, it's a great time to buy a car, crossover or truck and we see that continuing into 2013."
- Chris Zollars, Michigan Radio Newsroom