Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
Tue February 5, 2013
GM has its best sales month in China
General Motors reported today it sold more than 300,000 vehicles in the month of January, 2013 - it's best month in China ever.
From a GM press release:
General Motors and its joint ventures sold more than 300,000 vehicles in a single month for the first time ever in China last month. January sales totaled 310,765 units, an increase of 26.0 percent from the same month in 2012 and 15.9 percent above the previous all-time monthly high of 268,035 units in January 2011.
Domestic sales by Shanghai GM and SAIC-GM-Wuling, and their Buick, Chevrolet and Wuling brands all set new single-month records as well in January.
The company wholly owns two foreign enterprises in China, and has 12 joint ventures.
It employs more than 55,000 people in China.