Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Politics & Government
Mon November 26, 2012
Governor Snyder in Canada today
Governor Rick Snyder is in Canada today to talk trade and regional cooperation.
He's in Toronto to attend a conference on public-private partnerships. The former business executive and investor relies heavily on agreements with the private sector to meet his goals.
Snyder is expected to announce an agreement with other Great Lakes states on a Canadian trade office. Canada is Michigan’s biggest international trading partner.
The governor’s economic plans envision a thriving Chicago-to-Montreal trade zone with Michigan as a center point.
The governor will also meet with his Ontario counterpart, Premier Dalton McGuinty.
The subject of a new Detroit-Windsor bridge will be part of their discussion. Michigan voters just rejected a ballot question that could have hindered the project.