Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Thu August 26, 2010
Granholm appoints new Supreme Court Judge
(Kathy Barks Hoffman - AP)
Governor Granholm named Appeals Court Judge Alton Thomas Davis to the Michigan Supreme Court. The move comes the same day that Justice Elizabeth Weaver resigned.
Weaver had been unlikely to get the Republican nomination for a third term and planned to run as an independent, but she resigned Thursday on the condition that the governor appoint a northern Michigan judge to replace her.
The appointment doesn't require the approval of the state Legislature.
Granholm appointed Davis to the Appeals Court in 2005.