Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu December 9, 2010
Granholm calls for a jobs "Moon Shot"
3 million jobs in 3 years. That's what soon-to-be-former-Governor Jennifer Granholm called for in her article in the Huffington Post.
Granholm calls for a "Jobs Race to the Top" modelled on the education "Race to the Top" program.
Dangle large sums of money in front of cash strapped states and see if you can get them to change their policies.
Granholm says the new jobs should focus on developing new sources of energy around the country:
Every region has something to offer to our clean energy future, and every region could be creating all kinds of jobs for their citizens right now -- if incentives were right.
Granholm says the U.S. should invest heavily in the emerging alternative energy market or run the risk of "watching our global economic competitors eat our lunch."
No word yet on whether Granholm will be offered a position in the Obama Administration.
Energy Under Michigan