Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Tue April 24, 2012
Great Lakes inspired shoe, Nike's "Petoskey Stone" Dunk Low
Nike worked with the Grand Rapids-based skateboarding shop Premier to create the shoe style.
The Petoskey stone inspired shoes will go on sale at Premier on April 28 with a price of $104.
Here's more, appropriately, from the Petoskey News:
To pay tribute to the store's Great Lakes roots, the leather of the blue and gray shoe is embossed with Petoskey stones and will feature a tote bag with a Petoskey stone print.
"We decided to do something a little more in-depth than the state colors or theme colors. We wanted to take different elements from the landscape and nature side of the state," said Premier co-owner Eric Blanding. "The Petoskey stone had a different print on it that we've always thought would look cool on a shoe."
Premier has worked on several other store-exclusive shoes in the past. Blanding said from design to the rack the entire shoe creation process can take up to a year and a half.
You can see more images of the shoe here at "Kicks on Fire."