Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Arts & Culture
Mon April 29, 2013
A hike along the Great Lakes
As we move into our middle years many of us yearn to do something to change things up in a big way.
Battle Creek's Loreen Niewenhuis took that question and really came up with something different: she got up from her desk, put on her hiking boots and started walking.
First Loreen walked around Lake Michigan.
Then she decided to walk over a thousand miles - hiking the shorelines of all five Great Lakes.
Her adventures are chronicled in her new book A One-Thousand-Mile Great Lakes Walk: One Woman's Trek Along the Shorelines of All Five Great Lakes published by Crickhollow Books.
Niewenhuis has taken off her hiking boots and joins us today on Stateside.
Listen to the full interview above.
The Environment Report