Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- ICYMI: Terri Lynn Land takes your questions on "Michigan Calling"
- Spoiled fans? John U. Bacon says MSU football can't blame students for leaving games early
- What's the status of the old oil pipeline under Lake Michigan? We need more information to know.
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- What we lose when newspapers sink
Tue May 28, 2013
How to keep young talent in Michigan
One of leading topics of statewide conversation is how to keep young professionals and college grads in Michigan.
Lately on Stateside, we've heard talk of "placemaking," ways to make cities more attractive to young people.
That's one of many ideas being tossed around in the quest to prevent "Brain Drain."
Writer Natalie Burg recently published a guest column in Bridge Magazine. At the age of 31, she is writing from the perspective of those young people we're trying to keep in Michigan. And she thinks some of these strategies aren’t going to do the trick.
Natalie joined us today to discuss the issue.
Listen to the full interview above.