Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
Tue May 28, 2013
How to keep young talent in Michigan
One of leading topics of statewide conversation is how to keep young professionals and college grads in Michigan.
Lately on Stateside, we've heard talk of "placemaking," ways to make cities more attractive to young people.
That's one of many ideas being tossed around in the quest to prevent "Brain Drain."
Writer Natalie Burg recently published a guest column in Bridge Magazine. At the age of 31, she is writing from the perspective of those young people we're trying to keep in Michigan. And she thinks some of these strategies aren’t going to do the trick.
Natalie joined us today to discuss the issue.
Listen to the full interview above.