Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
Tue May 28, 2013
How to keep young talent in Michigan
One of leading topics of statewide conversation is how to keep young professionals and college grads in Michigan.
Lately on Stateside, we've heard talk of "placemaking," ways to make cities more attractive to young people.
That's one of many ideas being tossed around in the quest to prevent "Brain Drain."
Writer Natalie Burg recently published a guest column in Bridge Magazine. At the age of 31, she is writing from the perspective of those young people we're trying to keep in Michigan. And she thinks some of these strategies aren’t going to do the trick.
Natalie joined us today to discuss the issue.
Listen to the full interview above.