Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Wed December 26, 2012
Improving the winter driving skills of Michigan teens
A website is launching just in time to help parents monitor and improve winter driving skills for teen drivers.
The University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute created the site called - "safer driving for teens dot org".
“This promotes parents and teens communication with each other and clarity and what it is that’s expected. And some consequences…what will happen if the restrictions are not met,” says Jean Shope. She’s with the Institute.
She says the site also offers parents a variety of example videos, identifies key checkpoints, and shows how to set up their program.
Environment & Science