Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
Wed December 26, 2012
Improving the winter driving skills of Michigan teens
A website is launching just in time to help parents monitor and improve winter driving skills for teen drivers.
The University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute created the site called - "safer driving for teens dot org".
“This promotes parents and teens communication with each other and clarity and what it is that’s expected. And some consequences…what will happen if the restrictions are not met,” says Jean Shope. She’s with the Institute.
She says the site also offers parents a variety of example videos, identifies key checkpoints, and shows how to set up their program.
Environment & Science