Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
State of Opportunity
Tue April 2, 2013
Join us for a special State of Opportunity call-in show today
Today at 3 p.m., Michigan Radio's Jenn White will host a State of Opportunity call-in show.
We're focusing on the structures and policies that make it hard for Michigan's children to get ahead.
How does having certain privileges shape our attitudes about poverty? What experiences have you had where you lacked the privilege required to get ahead?
We'd love to talk to you!
Our guests will be:
- Doak Bloss, Health Equity and Social Justice Coordinator at the Ingham County Health Department
- Erin Currier, Director of the Economic Mobility Project at the Pew Charitable Trusts
- Linwood Cousins, Director and Professor at the School of Social Work at Western Michigan University
- David Callahan, Senior Fellow at Demos and co-author of the report, “Stacked Deck”
- State Rep. Rashida Tlaib, 6th district, SW Detroit