Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Mon July 29, 2013
July auto sales are expected to be very good
Analysts are expecting a robust month for auto sales.
Jesse Toprak is an analyst with TrueCar.com. He says July sales were good across all categories.
“But two extreme segments stand out, we see very high demand for small cars and small SUVS, and a very healthy demand for large pickup trucks,” says Toprak.
Toprak says the increase in pickup sales is being driven by small business owners, and an uptick in home renovations.
He says small cars are selling well because they are more appealing in design than in years past, and have more of the technology that younger buyers value.