Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Mon July 29, 2013
July auto sales are expected to be very good
Analysts are expecting a robust month for auto sales.
Jesse Toprak is an analyst with TrueCar.com. He says July sales were good across all categories.
“But two extreme segments stand out, we see very high demand for small cars and small SUVS, and a very healthy demand for large pickup trucks,” says Toprak.
Toprak says the increase in pickup sales is being driven by small business owners, and an uptick in home renovations.
He says small cars are selling well because they are more appealing in design than in years past, and have more of the technology that younger buyers value.