Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Politics & Government
Mon January 7, 2013
Kalamazoo City Commission votes on budget plan tonight
The Kalamazoo City Commission is scheduled to vote this evening on the city budget.
The 144 million dollar budget plan includes fee increases, most notably a one percent administrative fee on city tax collections.
The city has also been trimming its workforce through early retirements and eliminating other positions.
The changes are intended to help off-set a drop in city property tax revenues.
City commissioners gave tentative approval to the budget plan last month.