Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Tue December 18, 2012
Lansing raising money for gun buy back program
Last week’s school shooting in Connecticut is inspiring the city of Lansing to hold a second gun buy-back program.
The capitol city’s last gun buy-back program collected nearly a hundred firearms in August. People who turned in hand guns or semi-automatic weapons got gift cards in exchange.
The city hopes to collect ten thousand dollars in private donations for its next program.
Lansing mayor Virg Bernero says the initiative will get guns off the street and help keep the community safe.
Lansing has seen a dozen homicides this year.
Politics & Government