Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Mon March 25, 2013
LGBT discrimination is bigger than you think
The oral arguments for two gay marriage cases will be heard in the U.S. Supreme Court this week.
The court will focus on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's Prop 8 case.
Though they are both cases related to same-sex marriage, each case is different.
Michigan Radio's Lester Graham spoke with Cynthia Canty on today's Stateside about the lack of legal protection for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in Michigan and what these cases could mean for them.
Graham is working on a series of reports looking at the legal rights of the LGBT community.
And you can listen to our conversation with him above.
Politics & Government