Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
Mon March 25, 2013
LGBT discrimination is bigger than you think
The oral arguments for two gay marriage cases will be heard in the U.S. Supreme Court this week.
The court will focus on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's Prop 8 case.
Though they are both cases related to same-sex marriage, each case is different.
Michigan Radio's Lester Graham spoke with Cynthia Canty on today's Stateside about the lack of legal protection for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in Michigan and what these cases could mean for them.
Graham is working on a series of reports looking at the legal rights of the LGBT community.
And you can listen to our conversation with him above.
Politics & Government