Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Mon March 25, 2013
LGBT discrimination is bigger than you think
The oral arguments for two gay marriage cases will be heard in the U.S. Supreme Court this week.
The court will focus on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's Prop 8 case.
Though they are both cases related to same-sex marriage, each case is different.
Michigan Radio's Lester Graham spoke with Cynthia Canty on today's Stateside about the lack of legal protection for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in Michigan and what these cases could mean for them.
Graham is working on a series of reports looking at the legal rights of the LGBT community.
And you can listen to our conversation with him above.
Politics & Government