Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Wed November 28, 2012
Lincoln name change to become official Monday?
This summer, Automotive News got ahold of a document that Ford Motor Company sent to a number of outside agencies, in which the company outlined its plans for the Lincoln brand - including a name change to "Lincoln Motor Co."
That's the original name of the company which was acquired by Ford in 1922.
I called a Lincoln spokesman to try to confirm the name change, but was told firmly, "there is no name change right now." I got the distinct impression he wasn't very happy about my question.
Then, last week, Automotive News reported that dealers had been informed of the name change.
Automotive News rarely, rarely gets its facts wrong. I figure two stories from them makes it semi-official, at least.
I expect it to become official on Monday. Ford says Lincoln head Jim Farley and Ford CEO Alan Mulally will make a major announcement about Lincoln, the location, aptly, being Lincoln Center Plaza in New York.