Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Wed April 3, 2013
A look into the fundraising conditions for Michigan nonprofits
It has been a challenging few years for nonprofit groups in Michigan. Whether they depended on private donations or corporate donations or both, the Great Recession hurt organizations all over the state.
But as our state gradually recovers, so are the nonprofits, especially in certain areas of Michigan.
Montgomery Consulting of Huntington Woods is out with a new survey of fundraising conditions in Michigan.
It gives us a quick look at who's on the rebound and who is still struggling.
Today Michael Montgomery joins us from Huntington Woods. He gives us a look at Michigan's regions and where nonprofits are doing the best in terms of meeting their fundraising goals.
He also gives us some tips for those who run nonprofits in Michigan and people who are prospective donors.
Environment & Science