Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue February 8, 2011
Michelle Obama to Flint: "Let's Move!"
Flint is planning a major, new community wide effort to encourage fitness as it joins Michelle Obama's "Let's Move!" anti-obesity campaign. Flint is the 500th local community to join the First Lady’s youth fitness campaign which marks its first anniversary tomorrow.
Mrs. Obama welcomed Flint to her campaign during a conference call with local officials today.
“This is a generational problem. We have to keep driving this issue. We will do it here at the national level. But the real work happens on the ground where you are.”
Flint is partnering with the Crim Fitness Foundation to get people to make personal fitness commitments. A kick-off is planned for April. Flint also plans to expand nutrition-related education programs in its schools.