Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Mon January 31, 2011
Michigan Attorney General praises 'unconstitutional' ruling of nation's health care reform law
Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette is praising Monday’s ruling by a federal judge calling the health care reform law unconstitutional.
Michigan is among 26 states which sued to stop the law from taking effect.
Schuette says the law’s mandate that all Americans buy health insurance is an overreach by the federal government.
"This is a big decision to protect the Constitution and to defend the rights of Michigan taxpayers."
Schuette expects the U.S. Supreme Court will eventually have to step in to decide whether the federal Health Care Reform law is constitutional.