Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Fri November 23, 2012
Michigan governor to talk up new bridge in Canada
DETROIT (AP) - Gov. Rick Snyder is returning to Canada to discuss plans for a second bridge between Detroit and Windsor, Ontario, nearly six months after signing the deal to build the Canadian-financed span.
The Republican governor will talk in Toronto on Monday about the New International Trade Crossing. He's there to speak at a conference on public-private partnerships and announce a pact with Great Lakes governors on a virtual Canada trade office.
Snyder returns with an Election Day victory. Voters rejected a proposal backed by Ambassador Bridge owner Manuel "Matty" Moroun to give Michigan residents a say on whether state funds could be used to build international border crossings.
Experts say the rival bridge's billionaire owner will keep fighting. Moroun's company disputes Michigan won't have to pay any costs of the bridge.
Politics & Government