Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
Fri October 21, 2011
Michigan Radio and Bridge Magazine to follow families banned from welfare
Over the course of the next year Michigan Watch, the investigative/accountability unit of Michigan Radio, and Bridge Magazine, the online magazine put together by the Center for Michigan, will be collaborating on coverage of Michigan families who were dropped from cash assistance welfare.
Bridge has already published several articles on the plight of families who suddenly learned they would no longer be able to get welfare payments from the State of Michigan.