Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Fri March 9, 2012
Michigan Radio Wins Eleven Michigan AP Awards
Michigan Radio has won eleven awards from the Michigan Associated Press for news coverage. This includes the award for General Excellence in the Non-Commercial Radio category, which the station has won four out of the past five years. The station was also recognized with six First Place awards and four Honorable Mentions.
Michigan Radio received the following Michigan AP Awards:
- General Excellence – Michigan Radio
- Continuing Coverage: “Emergency Managers in Michigan,” Michigan Radio staff
- News Documentary: “Culture of Class,” Jennifer Guerra-Producer
- Individual Reporting: Sarah Hulett
- Feature Story: “Foreclosures Decline, While Foreclosure Businesses Thrive,” Kate Davidson
- Natural Sound: “Green Building Conference: Standing out from the Crowd,” Lester Graham
- Website: michiganradio.org, Michigan Radio staff
- Continuing Coverage: “Confusion and Consequences: Changing Michigan’s Auto Insurance,” Lester Graham
- News Documentary: “The Michigan China Connection,” Tracy Samilton
- Individual Reporting: Rebecca Williams
- Enterprise/Investigative Reporting: “Health and Safety Concerns Surround Glittersniffer Cosmetics,” Bridget Bodnar
All entries aired between January 1 and December 31, 2011. The awards will be formally presented at a ceremony on April 14 at the Marriott in Southfield, MI.