Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Fri March 9, 2012
Michigan Radio Wins Eleven Michigan AP Awards
Michigan Radio has won eleven awards from the Michigan Associated Press for news coverage. This includes the award for General Excellence in the Non-Commercial Radio category, which the station has won four out of the past five years. The station was also recognized with six First Place awards and four Honorable Mentions.
Michigan Radio received the following Michigan AP Awards:
- General Excellence – Michigan Radio
- Continuing Coverage: “Emergency Managers in Michigan,” Michigan Radio staff
- News Documentary: “Culture of Class,” Jennifer Guerra-Producer
- Individual Reporting: Sarah Hulett
- Feature Story: “Foreclosures Decline, While Foreclosure Businesses Thrive,” Kate Davidson
- Natural Sound: “Green Building Conference: Standing out from the Crowd,” Lester Graham
- Website: michiganradio.org, Michigan Radio staff
- Continuing Coverage: “Confusion and Consequences: Changing Michigan’s Auto Insurance,” Lester Graham
- News Documentary: “The Michigan China Connection,” Tracy Samilton
- Individual Reporting: Rebecca Williams
- Enterprise/Investigative Reporting: “Health and Safety Concerns Surround Glittersniffer Cosmetics,” Bridget Bodnar
All entries aired between January 1 and December 31, 2011. The awards will be formally presented at a ceremony on April 14 at the Marriott in Southfield, MI.