Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Mon October 18, 2010
Michigan State Police are looking for sex offenders
Michigan state police troopers are knocking on the doors of paroled sex offenders this week.
The state is conducting its annual sweep to see if sex offenders are complying with the law requiring them to report with local law enforcement.
"Currently we’re at a 92 percent compliance rate in the state of Michigan," says State police Sergeant Kevin Mark, "That’s the highest it’s been since we really started cracking down and doing enforcement back in 2007."
Mark says the annual sex offender sweep will wrap up by the end of the month.