Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Mon October 18, 2010
Michigan State Police are looking for sex offenders
Michigan state police troopers are knocking on the doors of paroled sex offenders this week.
The state is conducting its annual sweep to see if sex offenders are complying with the law requiring them to report with local law enforcement.
"Currently we’re at a 92 percent compliance rate in the state of Michigan," says State police Sergeant Kevin Mark, "That’s the highest it’s been since we really started cracking down and doing enforcement back in 2007."
Mark says the annual sex offender sweep will wrap up by the end of the month.