Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- Ypsilanti family finds happiness in living off the land
- Michigan's student homelessness problem is growing
- Go lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Wed March 23, 2011
Michigan's unemployment rate declined in February
Michigan’s unemployment rate dropped slightly in February. Michigan’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate declined by 3 tenths of one percent last month to 10.4%.
The state’s jobless number was still one and a half percentage points above the national unemployment rate of 8.9%.
Michigan’s unemployment rate has been falling since September 2009. And last month, the number of jobless Michiganders fell below a half million for the first time since November 2008.