Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Veteran treasure hunter solves the last 'Wyoming Riddle'
Tue March 5, 2013
More people using Bridge Cards at farmers markets
So, we're still here in it.
Stuck in the middle of winter and its hard to think about putting on flip-flops, sunglasses, and heading out for fresh, summer veggies from the farmers market.
But, it seems more and more people are going to farmers markets throughout the year, and paying for their purchases with Bridge cards.
Numbers are out from last year and they show the use of Bridge Cards at farmers markets around the state went up by 42 % in 2012.
Amanda Shreve joined us today. She's the Food Assistance Partnership Coordinator with the Michigan Farmers Market Association.