Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
Tue March 5, 2013
More people using Bridge Cards at farmers markets
So, we're still here in it.
Stuck in the middle of winter and its hard to think about putting on flip-flops, sunglasses, and heading out for fresh, summer veggies from the farmers market.
But, it seems more and more people are going to farmers markets throughout the year, and paying for their purchases with Bridge cards.
Numbers are out from last year and they show the use of Bridge Cards at farmers markets around the state went up by 42 % in 2012.
Amanda Shreve joined us today. She's the Food Assistance Partnership Coordinator with the Michigan Farmers Market Association.