Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Politics & Government
Tue December 18, 2012
In this morning's Michigan news headlines. . .
Michigan's Electoral College cast votes for President Obama
"Michigan has officially cast its 16 Electoral College votes for President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. The state’s delegates met yesterday at the Michigan Senate Chambers in Lansing," Jake Neher reports.
Michigan clergy to rally against gun bill in Lansing
"Clergy from across Michigan are expected to rally in Lansing and call on Governor Rick Snyder to veto legislation that could allow concealed weapons in schools and churches. The gun bill would allow someone with extra training to carry a concealed weapon in a gun-free zone," the Associated Press reports.
Lakes Erie and Ontario are the most threatened of the Great Lakes
A three-year study has found that Lakes Erie and Ontario are the most seriously threatened of the Great Lakes, along with large sections of the Lake Michigan shoreline. As the Detroit Free Press reports,
"Among the biggest threats: Invasive mussels and lamprey that threaten the food chain, climate change that can affect water temperature and water levels, ballast water from ships that may introduce more uninvited species, a buildup of urban areas along the coast that sweeps auto and human waste into the waters during rainfall, and a continual runoff of phosphorous from farmlands."