Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed January 18, 2012
MSU's Broad Museum faces unexpected construction delay
A new multi-million dollar art museum at Michigan State University will open months later than planned.
The Eli and Edythe Broad museum was supposed to be dedicated in April on the East Lansing campus. But Michigan State University officials say supply problems are affecting work on the building.
A university spokeswoman says the building’s specially designed glass windows are the source of the problem.
Because of the building’s design, the large glass panels must be cut to very exacting specifications and that’s taking longer than expected.
The contemporary art museum is not expected to be ready to open until sometime this fall.
The delay is not expected to negatively affect the project’s $40 to $45 million budget.