Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Sat February 19, 2011
Musicians Reject Detroit Symphony's Contract Offer, Season suspended
Striking Detroit Symphony Orchestra musicians have voted to reject what management has called its final labor contract offer.
The announcement Saturday by the musicians dashes hope for a quicker end to the more than four-month, contentious walkout.
The symphony has responded by saying it has released artists and conductors from their contracts and suspended all remaining orchestral concerts through the end of the season in June.