Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Wed August 22, 2012
New 'Pure' Michigan license plates unveiled (PHOTOS)
This morning, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson unveiled two new Michigan license plates.
(Click through the photos above to see Michigan plates through the ages.)
Standing on the Mackinac Bridge, Johnson revealed two newly designed plates that promote the state's Pure Michigan campaign. A simple blue and white version will eventually replace the state's standard plate, but another more colorful option featuring the Mackinac Bridge will also be available.
The plates will be available beginning early next year.
Michigan produces about 1.4 million license plates annually. Secretary of State officials say they're made by inmates at a correctional facility in the southern Michigan community of Adrian.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom