Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Wed August 22, 2012
New 'Pure' Michigan license plates unveiled (PHOTOS)
This morning, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson unveiled two new Michigan license plates.
(Click through the photos above to see Michigan plates through the ages.)
Standing on the Mackinac Bridge, Johnson revealed two newly designed plates that promote the state's Pure Michigan campaign. A simple blue and white version will eventually replace the state's standard plate, but another more colorful option featuring the Mackinac Bridge will also be available.
The plates will be available beginning early next year.
Michigan produces about 1.4 million license plates annually. Secretary of State officials say they're made by inmates at a correctional facility in the southern Michigan community of Adrian.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom