Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Michigan’s arsenic problem is among the worst in the nation. Here’s why that matters.
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
Wed August 22, 2012
New 'Pure' Michigan license plates unveiled (PHOTOS)
This morning, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson unveiled two new Michigan license plates.
(Click through the photos above to see Michigan plates through the ages.)
Standing on the Mackinac Bridge, Johnson revealed two newly designed plates that promote the state's Pure Michigan campaign. A simple blue and white version will eventually replace the state's standard plate, but another more colorful option featuring the Mackinac Bridge will also be available.
The plates will be available beginning early next year.
Michigan produces about 1.4 million license plates annually. Secretary of State officials say they're made by inmates at a correctional facility in the southern Michigan community of Adrian.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom